Manchester Ubuntu Release Party Success

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Sun May 3 16:35:00 BST 2009

Hiya

I just thought you should know about the Jaunty release party that we
held in Manchester, UK. It was the first time we'd held any kind of
Ubuntu-related event in Manchester and I was amazed by the high
attendance. We had 60+ people invade the bar at the BBC building on
Oxford Road. It was a brilliant evening, created by the community, and
introduced a lot of new users to the wonderful Ubuntu community.

Guy Thouret has written a full write-up of the Manchester Release
party on workswithu.com, see:
http://www.workswithu.com/2009/05/01/ubuntu-904-a-social-event/

There was a blog post about it on the BBC Backstage Blog to advertise
the event: http://welcomebackstage.com/2009/04/ubuntu-904-release-party/