[ubuntu-my] Ubuntu-my Kiosk at MSCOSCONF2009 BTS

starconsultancy f.van.der.star at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:39:16 BST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:28 PM, ApOgEE <jerungkun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM, starconsultancy <f.van.der.star at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I am wondering why the community is not approaching the media like the
>> tv-stations. This is the best promotion you can make. Anyway I am volunteer
>> for presenting program for the new linux 9.04. The community can send them
>> email. For instance the news.
>

> Most of us are still shy... even in mailing list... they are shy to reply..
> :p
> Anyway, good to hear we got one volunteer.
>

> I have Ubuntu on my laptop. You guys want to show people? I have also some
>> ERP-applications on that, but needs internet-connection.
>

> Because ubuntu is an operating system, the running software shouldn't be
> really specific. but you may include them among all great open source
> software that could run superbly in ubuntu.

I have only ubuntu on my laptop so that is not a problem. But I prefer first
what local people really want!!. It is the Open Source ERP that works
excellently on LINUX (Ubuntu)

> If needed I can send email to TV3, because I already had before contact
>> with them (Nightline).
>

> For the TV3, I'm also waiting for other's comment. As for me, it is a good
> exposure to our community.
>
>  Yes is is a good one. We wait for comment of other members
>
>> As for brochures: I have brochures for course Open Source ERP, which I can
>> show on the laptop.
>
> yes I will bring brochures. It is about Open Source ERP-course on
MMU-University (Cnergy) which I will provide.If necessary we can organize
this course for the community. But at least my expenses should be covered.
But that is a discussion for later

> cool, bring em on!

Can Show also Amsn and Gyachi (=Yahoo messenger)  GIMP=like Photo smart. And
a lot more.

Joomla can also.

Best wishes