[ubuntu-my] ISSUE: Canonical Permission for our domain http://ubuntu.com.my

zarul shahrin zarulshahrin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 08:02:49 BST 2008

Registering our own domain name should have no problem as long everything is
done correctly.. Anyway, based from my previous conversation with them..
They prefer if the domain  is to be registered under Canonical. Trademarks
is a big thing for them..So no such thing as "small matter". Whatever thing
that the website host, even a small little "banner" that has nothing to do
with Ubuntu and related to something commercial will get our application
rejected. I have mentioned about this before but not sure if anyone really
care to take note. My suggestion is, read the policy.. else don't bother to
do anything like this, being questioned by them is nothing compare to
lawsuit. If you think that this will not happen, and continue with the "tak
apa/tak mungkin" attitude, then don't blame me if one day you found yourself
in a real big problem. Our contribution to the community doesn't mean we can
break the rule, even if we are #1 contributor, policy is still policy, you
break the rule, you pay for it.

p/s: play by the rule, or get a red card