[ubuntu-my] Dell Malaysia Ubuntu

Donald P Kong dpkong at pc.jaring.my
Thu Aug 14 12:41:36 BST 2008

herein lies the problem where our younger generation are obsessed with
games on their computers and handphones. also, the education system is
partly to blame for their lack of initiative in exploring new technology
in operating systems.

at this rate, we can only expect the bulk of future malaysians to be
merely computer operators.

one cannot blame computer retail shops as their role in the industry is
purely *trading* ie. they only SELL what the customer wants and worry
about the profit margin. calling themselves IT companies is a joke.

as to manufacturers not pre-installing Linux on their laptops, it's also
market forces at play. in other advanced countries where consumer rights
is powerful, buyers can demand the major vendors to sell computers
without unwanted software which has brought up the cost. our government
is very far behind in terms of consumer rights (or any rights for that
matter :P)

whose job is it to change the malaysian mindset?

--

Donald P Kong
+6019-887-7337
+6016-809-7227