Relationship with top products of the Mozilla Fundation (Firefox, Thunderbird)

Alexander Sack asac at jwsdot.com
Wed Jul 4 12:04:39 BST 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 07:12:17AM +0200, roger jargoyhen wrote:
> Ubuntu users have but a very limited choice regarding these products:
> - either to wait for the next Ubuntu version to enjoy the latest release
> of Mozilla software, which means sometimes delays close to six months
> (see Thunderbird 2.0)
> - or take things into their own hands with ensuing problems that it is
> not useful to underline here.
> As no harmonization between the two calendars is foreseen, this awkward
> predicament could very well last a long time if concrete measures are
> not undertaken to correct it.

Actually, we have feisty-backports archive for that. The problem is
that its not really easy to upgrade firefox without having to upgrade
lots of other applications that use the firefox provided gecko
engine. For thunderbird and friends this is much less hazard and I
think at least for feisyt there is a backport in preparation of
thunderbird 2.0.

Does that answer your question? Or did you ask for more?

 - Alexander