[Bug 133131] "open with" cannot define behaviour depending on extension
manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 17 11:45:34 UTC 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: mozilla-firefox
1. Open a *.diff file
2. A dialog appears that says it is a "BIN file". Odd but MIME info or other magical things may not be working. Nonetheless, file extension is "diff".
3. Options are: 1) Open with less (default) 2) Save to disc. The option "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" is locked on disabled.
What I would expect:
1. Never, never, never, never offer to open anything with "less". This is so useless, that it makes me cry.
2. Offer the option "Do this automatically for files like this from now on", either based on the MIME type or, if that fails, on the extension.
3. Extra points if FF is able to recognize the extension and don't say that this is a BIN file.
** Affects: mozilla-firefox (Ubuntu)
"open with" cannot define behaviour depending on extension
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is a bug contact for mozilla-firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs