Decreased speed on original toolchain compared to official packages

CrashOveride crashoveride953 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:34:38 UTC 2022

I am maintaining cross-compiler GCC/binutils packages for MIPS on a
specific CPU (VR4300), and have noticed that the overall compilation
speed of the resulting compiler is significantly slower than the
official packages.

To be clear, currently I am not editing the source at all.

Are there specific compiler/configure flags used by the official
packages that increase compilation speed?

If need be I can share the flags I currently build with.

Thanks,

CrashOveride