Create and archive source package

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Wed Jul 10 16:28:34 UTC 2013

To learn how to package I have followed the instructions on
http://developer.ubuntu.com/2012/02/how-to-prepare-a-compiled-application-for-ubuntu-software-center/,
replacing Dungeon with ubuntumanualnl. I have a question on step 7:
Archive the source package.
In my terminal I did this:
~/ubuntumanualnl$ tar Cxf ubuntumanualnl-12.04ubuntu1-debsrc.tar.gz
*.dsc *.changes *.tar.gz
Terminal output:
tar: This doesn't look like a tar archive
tar: Skip everything until next header
tar: ubuntumanualnl_12.04ubuntu1_source.changes: Does not exist in archive
tar: ubuntumanualnl_12.04ubuntu1.tar.gz: Does not exist in archive
tar: Stopped because of earlier errors

My question is:
Could it be that something went wrong in the previous step:
*debuild -b* > Here is some terminal output:
dpkg-deb: building package `ubuntumanualnl' in
`../ubuntumanualnl_12.04ubuntu1_amd64.deb
or
cd ubuntumanualnl /ubuntumanualnl-12.04ubuntu1> run *debuild -S*
(Successfully signed dsc and changes files)
The *.dsc, *.tar.gz, *.changes are present in the directory ubuntumanualnl

Hannie
P.s. it is not cxf, but Cxf here: /dungeon// directory as the Debian
source tar cxf dungeon-1980.0-debsrc.tar.gz *.dsc *.changes *.tar.gz
There also is a spelling error in "Ubuntu Packaging Guide, Release 0.3.2
bzr367 quantal1 (I downloaded ubuntu-packaging-guide.pdf), where dh-make
should be dh_make (twice).