Could someone assist with applying my simple patch in 518393?

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 17 10:50:14 UTC 2011

Hi Chris (2011.03.15_22:39:49_+0200)
> This culture of rejecting anything good that doesn't have a debdiff
> needs to stop, as it's completely frustrating for contributors.

However, the sponsorship queue is for sponsoring uploads. I trust the
contributor preparing it to have done the necessary testing and be
pretty sure it's a good idea. And I'll do my best to help walk them
through the necessary changes and patch-forwarding.

Having high-quality, almost-ready uploads keeps the time the sponsor
spends down to reasonable limits.

That's not to say that one doesn't do a reasonable review of the
proposed upload, but on the whole the sponsors queue has higher quality
work, that's more likely to result in an upload.

We have 2000 odd bugs with patches waiting for ubuntu-reviewers, a
number that I can't see us getting down quickly. Should patch pilots be
reviewing those too? Should be be encouraging drive-by contributors to
subscribe sponsors rather than reviewers?

I'm obviously not against anything that sees us fix more bugs in Ubuntu,
and lowering the barrier to initial contribution, if we can handle the
load, and it doesn't slow down contributors without upload rights who
rely on the sponsorship queue too much.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera