Reply to both answers [Re: Next question: "mach" build problem "Could not update local yum repository"]

Marc Wäckerlin marc.waeckerlin at tech.swisssign.com
Thu Apr 22 11:05:10 BST 2010

Hi Thomas

On CVS mach2, you still have the wrong URL in fedora-10, it is now in the archive ...

Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 schrieb Thomas Vander Stichele:
> > > More info please ? I doubt there is actual hardcoding going on.
> > I'll have to check that again, means deinstalling and rebuilding mach. Perhaps I can do that tomorrow.
> OK.

I cannot reproduce the problem I had yesterda. Either it's been fixed in the CVS or I did something wrong.

I tried it again:
  - CVS-checked-out latest repository mach2
  - ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && sudo make install
  - sudo chmod u+s /usr/local/sbin/mach-helper
  - sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
  - sudo chgrp mach /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
  - sudo chmod g+w /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
  - sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/var/tmp
  - sudo chmod ugo+w /usr/local/var/tmp

The I started:
  - mach -r fedora-10-i386-fedora clean && \
    mach -r fedora-10-i386-fedora setup build

Well, now it works ... :-)

> it's on sourceforge, go to the mach project page and browse through the
> repo.

It would be nice to have a link from your homepage to the sourceforge pproject page. Otherwise it is impossible to find it ...

Also a little instruction on how to check out the repository would be nice. It can be found on SF, but it is hard to find:

(press enter on password prompt)

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mach.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mach login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mach.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mach co -P mach2

BTW: What's mach, mach2 and mach3?

From yesterday evening:
Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 schrieb Thomas Vander Stichele:
> ok, so as a first guess it would look like that it cannot get the
> buildrequires properly, because when trying to get them through
> rpmbuild, there is an rpm database problem inside the chroot.  This
> might be because yum used rpmlib of the host to install in the guest.
> It's hard to debug that further remotely though.

Isn't that a general problem of your apporach? It installs incompatible (i.e. old or other) distros within a chroot, so the requirement that RPM on host and chroot are compatible is often not fulfilled ...

Do you think, this is the problem? Where and how should it be fixed?

What can I do to further in vestigate this problem?

Now I checked the RPM-Versions:
  - In Ubunto Karmic Koala, the host, it's:
    RPM-Version 4.7.0
  - In Fedora 10, the chroot, it's:
    RPM version 4.6.0-rc1

Any idea?

Regards
Marc Wäckerlin
--
SwissSign AG > extreme security & identity
Sägereistrasse 25 > CH - 8152 Glattbrugg > Tel: +41-44/838'36'93
Secure Mailbox https://incamail.post.ch/ marc.waeckerlin at swisssign.com

SwissSign, ein Unternehmen der Schweizerischen Post, schützt und beschleunigt Ihre Geschäftsprozesse mit einfachen Lösungen für eindeutige Identifikation, digitale Signatur und sichere Kommunikation

E-Mail Richtlinien: http://marc.waeckerlin.org/computer/internet/email
Bitte korrekt zitieren: mit '>' am Zeilenanfang