Reply to both answers [Re: Next question: "mach" build problem "Could not update local yum repository"]

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Apr 27 12:12:28 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 12:05 +0200, Marc Wäckerlin wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> On CVS mach2, you still have the wrong URL in fedora-10, it is now in the archive ...

Thanks, it wasn't yet when I last updated, fixed now.

> > > I'll have to check that again, means deinstalling and rebuilding mach. Perhaps I can do that tomorrow.
> > OK.
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem I had yesterda. Either it's been fixed in the CVS or I did something wrong.
>
> I tried it again:
>   - CVS-checked-out latest repository mach2
>   - ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && sudo make install
>   - sudo chmod u+s /usr/local/sbin/mach-helper
>   - sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
>   - sudo chgrp mach /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
>   - sudo chmod g+w /usr/local/var/cache/{mach,lib}
>   - sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/var/tmp
>   - sudo chmod ugo+w /usr/local/var/tmp
>
> The I started:
>   - mach -r fedora-10-i386-fedora clean && \
>     mach -r fedora-10-i386-fedora setup build
>
> Well, now it works ... :-)

Good.

> > it's on sourceforge, go to the mach project page and browse through the
> > repo.
>
> It would be nice to have a link from your homepage to the sourceforge pproject page. Otherwise it is impossible to find it ...
>
> Also a little instruction on how to check out the repository would be nice. It can be found on SF, but it is hard to find:

> (press enter on password prompt)
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at mach.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mach login
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mach.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/mach co -P mach2

Ok, updated page.

> BTW: What's mach, mach2 and mach3?

mach was the first version, based on Makefiles.

mach2 was the second, and it being my first ever python program, is now
horrible to look at :)

mach3 was my modular rewrite, which is half-done, and I'm not sure I'll
ever work up the interest to finish it again, after mach got 'forked'
unkindly to mock in Fedora.

The particular problem you mentioned in your previous mail is one I
would end up fixing in this new codebase.

Thomas

--
- Are you up for a little reconnaisance ?
- You mean, where we all sculpt and paint and stuff ?