Launchpad Bug Filing Changes for Ubuntu

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 16 16:54:01 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 01:44:47PM +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Am Tuesday 15 September 2009 19:53:19 schrieb Brian Murray:
> [..]
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Specs/IncreaseApportAdoption
> > (*) There will be a +filebug?no-redirect if you really really need it.
>
> After a quick read of the spec, I'm curious about:
> "* Do Not allow users to file a bug at all without specifying a package "
>
> Will this interfere with the needs-packaging bugs which are not filed against
> any package (heh, because there isn't one yet :D)?

I don't think this is an experiment that we will try any more, as making
it hard to file a bug without a package may be sufficient.

Incidentally, I updated the wiki page
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages so that there is a
direct link to filing a bug without a package but I'd really prefer that
there not be a lot of those running around.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com