MUSIC 1.0.6 released

Mikael Djurfeldt mikael at djurfeldt.com
Sun Oct 25 16:56:37 GMT 2009

Dear Debian-Ubuntu importers,

I'm the author of MUSIC and maintainer of the Debian music packages.
I'm happy to see that version 1.0.4 has been included into the Karmic
distribution.

I just wanted to alert you that music-1.0.6 is now in
incoming.debian.org and will soon be installed in Debian unstable.
The 1.0.6 release fixes some rather important bugs in revision 1.0.4,
among them one which can cause MUSIC to hang for certain connection
topologies.  While version 1.0.4 is still quite usable, it would be
better if there was a way to include 1.0.6 in Karmic.  Revision 1.0.6
also includes a patch which Alessio made as an adaptation to gcc 4.4,
so 1.0.6 should be able to build in Ubuntu as is.

I do realize that you have passed "Debian Freeze" and so I understand
if you want to keep 1.0.4---just an alert, as I said.

Best regards,
Mikael Djurfeldt