Getting hfsprogs in shape

Rogério Brito rbrito at ime.usp.br
Thu Nov 5 20:13:41 GMT 2009

(Sent to opensuse-contrib, fedora-devel-list, ubuntu-motu and
gentoo-dev).

Hi.

I am the maintainer of hfsprogs in Debian, which is a packaging of
Apple's fsck and mkfs for HFS+ filesystems to work under Linux (and, if
possible, in the future, other kernels too).

I saw that this is a package that your distributions carry (or carried)
and I see that some of the patches are unchanged from my work at Debian.

I would appreciate some help with both porting them forward, to keep up
with newer packages, and cleaning up some of the patches, to get more
reliable results.

As I am not subscribed to the mailing lists to which I am CC'ing this
message, I would appreciate if people kept me in the replies.

I hope that we can collaborate and enjoy a fruitful inter-distribution
development.

Thanks, Rogério Brito.