Re: Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Mon Nov 2 18:44:40 GMT 2009

On 02/11/2009, at 17.23, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

> <quote who="Stefan Potyra" date="Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:43:22PM
> +0100">
>>> Let's not bog ourselves down in procedural pedantry. If the CC
>>> need to,
>>> we can make direct appointments and replacements on any structure in
>>> Ubuntu, and will do so.
>>
>> Thanks, Mark, that's at least a clear announcement, helping me better
>> understand how the Ubuntu government works in reality, and to what
>> degree
>> government bodies value the community.
>
> Everyone involved values the community. If you doubt that, we have
> very
> serious problems.

Unfortunately, a few minutes after posting the above statement, Stefan
sent an email to u-m saying he's no longer sure if he wants to be
involved with Ubuntu Development. I'm not sure if these things are
connected, but given the timestamps it's certainly possible.

When you're at the top of the pyramid, it's easy to view discussions
and information as "procedural pedantry". When you're at the _bottom_
of the pyramid, working your behind off for the common good of the
project, it is equally easy to become demotivated if you start feeling
you're taken for granted and that relevant information doesn't come
your way.

It's in everybodys good interest to maintain a high level of
information and discussion, and since everybody has stated that they
have no problem with the actual outcome of the decision, that should
pose no problem. What is relevant is that everybodys desire to be "in
the loop" is satisfied.

Cheers,
Morten