Make ~ubuntu-dev a member of ubuntu-universe-sponsors?

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed May 13 19:05:44 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 13:33 -0400, Andrew wrote:
> I'm not necessarily saying this shouldn't be done, but I do see one
> potential issue for contributors looking for sponsors. Making all of
> ~ubuntu-dev part of ~ubuntu-universe-sponsors can cause a bit of
> confusion as to what hat people are wearing at the time when
> commenting on a bug. While anyone with upload rights can potentially
> sponsor an upload, it's useful for contributors to know if they are
> dealing with someone specifically interested in sponsoring their
> upload or some one just making a drive by comment on the bug.

I'm not sure I see the difference between the two use cases. Would
you behave differently depending on whether someone is in ~ubuntu-dev
and ~uus, or just ~ubuntu-dev?

The people in ~uus are just those that sponsor regularly (though it's
only syncs where being in the team usually matters, and even then not
that much), but I am worried that the small hurdle of joining the extra
team puts people off sponsoring, and so reinforces that.

Thanks,

James