MOTU Release Charter

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Mar 19 22:16:53 GMT 2009

During the Intrepid cycle the MOTU release team members were asked to come up
with a charter for the team.  It's taken us some time to get a draft
together, but this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/MOTUReleaseCharter

is something all current members of the team are happy with.  It is still
draft because it's up to MOTU to decide what it is we are to do.  The draft
just captures our understanding of the (previously undocumented) role the
MOTU release team is supposed to play.

I would encourage all of you to read and consider it and then make comments on
the MOTU ML.  This should be reviewed on the list, taken to the most
reasonable MOTU meeting (I'm guessing the next one) for discussion, and then
approved afterwards.  Currently it does not appear one is scheduled:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Meetings

I don't expect to take a strong role in this discussion (speaking for myself
only).  Motu-release is here to act for MOTU, so you tell us if this is the
right job description or not.

Scott Kitterman