Maintainer/XSBC-Original-Maintainer in Ubuntu packages

Siegfried-Angel siggi.gevatter at
Sun Jun 14 20:49:41 BST 2009

Unrelated to the main discussion of this topic...

2009/6/14 Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at>:
> I realize that Soyuz at the moment probably would not accept a URL.
> However, it DOES recognize various email addresses and translate those
> to Launchpad teams or people. I have put my address in the
> maintainer field of a few packages, and Soyuz actually translate those
> to my Launchpad homepage. I am proposing something similar, it could
> also be a "pseudo-email-address" (e.g. "mok0 at").

As you mention yourself, Launchpad already maps e-mail addresses to
people on Launchpad. So, why do you want to re-invent the wheel
proposing a new format for the Maintainer field?

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.