Proposal for revised REVU workflow

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Sat Jan 24 23:39:44 GMT 2009

On 24/01/2009, at 23.25, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Could we call the first stage something other than "New"?   New
> already has
> a specific meaning in the archive and I think it'd be better not to
> overload the term.
>
> How about "Unreviewed"?

I have no problem with this, and suggestions for good, descriptive
names of the various stages of the process is most welcome. I have
edited the document to reflect ScottK's suggestion.

> If I understand your proposal correctly, the primary change is to
> segregate
> packages that have never been looked at and packages that were
> advocated at
> some point from packages that have been reviewed, but have never had
> an
> advocate.  Is that right?

Yes, exactly.

> I can see some potential for benifit with this.  It does sound like
> you are
> proposing a manual step of marking a package off the "New" list.  I
> think
> this should be automatic.

It was my intention to state that a MOTU can go to the "Unreviewed"
list, deposit a review, and the package would automatically be
promoted to the "In Process" list. I have added the word "automatic"
to the description, making that clearer.

Thanks!

Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0 at ubuntu.com>