Proposal for revised REVU workflow

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sat Jan 24 22:30:56 GMT 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 21:20:19 +0100 Morten Kjeldgaard <mok at bioxray.au.dk>
wrote:

>I have written up a proposal for an updated workflow for our REVU,
>please see:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/REVUWorkflowProposal .
>
>The proposal is not wildly different from what we have now, it is more
>of a re-structuring. I think it can be implemented with quite few
>modfications to the existing software.
>
>I hope we can discuss this proposal at the next MOTU meeting, I have
>taken the liberty of putting the issue on the agenda.

If I understand your proposal correctly, the primary change is to segregate
packages that have never been looked at and packages that were advocated at
some point from packages that have been reviewed, but have never had an
advocate.  Is that right?

I can see some potential for benifit with this.  It does sound like you are
proposing a manual step of marking a package off the "New" list.  I think
this should be automatic.

On a related note, can REVU be subcribed to -changes and taught to auto
archive packages after upload?

Scott K