Completing the libtool transition

Luca Falavigna dktrkranz at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 15 22:39:11 BST 2008

In order to clear out libltdl3 from NBS list [1], there are some
packages which need to be compiled against new libtool 2.2. Those ones
are more problematic because they FTBFS and need special care:

     LIBTOOL FAILURES

I filed some bugs for packages which FTBFS if compiled against
libltdl3-dev. They are:

* ksimus [2]
* mapnick [3]
* myodbc [4]
* pacemaker [5]

I also attached full build log from pbuilder. Version is mangled, you
will not find the same version in the archives right now.

     OTHER FAILURES

Those packages FTBFS for other reasons, but should be recompiled to
complete libtool transition as well:

* cacao [6]
* guile-gnome-platform [7]
* g-wrap [8] (sparc and hppa)
* mit-scheme (it will probably require a FFe)
* player (unmet build-dependencies)

    NOT OUR BUSINESS

gnash source package needs to be adjusted too, but since it is
maintained by asac, I'd like him to state how to proceed.

If we can fix those before beta release, we can track problems soon and
eventually fix them before release day.

[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS/libltdl3
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ksimus/+bug/270685
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mapnik/+bug/270686