problems

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:54:30 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Tomasz Sekula <ponrico at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I am new to Linux and i been trying to get AMSN to work so i can keep
> contact to my friends that use msn on windows however every time i try to
> install it and error occurs it says ERROR: Wrong Architect 'amd64'
>
> What does that mean?

amsn is already available in repository. Use System -> Administration
-> Synaptic Package Manager to install it over internet.

Also if you do not specifically want all the functionality that amsn
provides and are happy with text only messenger, then you can use the
default instant messenger client 'pidgin' (Applications -> Internet ->
Pidgin Instant Messenger).

Onkar