Freeze exception for 'fai'

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 9 01:32:30 BST 2008

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 16:22:44 Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 16:15:30 you wrote:
> > If you tell me that a freeze exception is not necessary anyways, that's
> > fine with me as well.
>
> From what you are telling me it doesn't seem like an additional FFe is
> indeed necessary; if you get your exception now, you merge your packages
> from Debian and from then on is only bug fixes.
> This is just my opinion though, I'm curious to hear what other members of
> motu-release think.

Actually, I beg to differ, from what I've read:
Imho, fai changing features with every little release does in fact call for
FFe's.

However, I do believe that it'd be best to delegate this to Reinhard and
Stephan, since I trust both of them to be the ones who have the best knowledge
about fai (and packages related to it).

However if the result would be the same (i.e. Reinhard and Stephan taking care
of fai), then I don't think we need to argue much about specific semantics ;).

Cheers,
    Stefan.