pbuilder question

Charliej cjsmo at cableone.net
Mon Sep 8 23:39:22 BST 2008

Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
> On Monday 08 September 2008 20:04:54 you wrote:
>
>> it seems that the "COMPONENT" section of .pbuilderrc is not being
>> honored because it is only drawing packages from "main" and not
>> "universe" (where all the dependencies reside) any suggestions?
>>

> --override-config is your friend (since you have created the chroot only with
> main).
> Use it with the --components , --mirror or --othermirror options and of
> course --update.
>
> Cesare

Not sure if this is the right way to do it but it worked for me

pbuilder login --save-after-login
apt-get nano
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
added "restricted universe multiverse" (the default is main)
Ctl-o
Ctl-x
apt-get update
exit

Then created a new hook file called "B90depens" and added an "apt-get
update" and "apt-get -y install" line that installed all the needed
dependencies,

pbuilder build *dsc

Works like a charm, it takes a lot longer now, but that's ok

Thanks norsetto for the help =)

Thanks crimsun I saw one of your posts on IRC float by talking about
pbuilder and the B91dpkg-i hook file so I thought I would check it out.=)

This has helped me to automate some of my workflow, and that's a good
thing  =)

Charlie