Standing Freeze exception for emacs-snapshot

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 13:44:30 BST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 10:46:09 Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com> writes:
> > Standing freeze exceptions:
> > To request a standing freeze exception, an email should be sent to the
> > Ubuntu MOTU mailing list for discussions. It is granted, once three
> > members of motu- release have given their ACK.
>
> I'd like to request a standing freeze exception for emacs-snapshot.
>
> The only point of the package is to ship a development snapshot of the
> current emacs trunk branch.
>
> We had such a freeze exception in the past, I'm requesting it for
> intrepid again just to be sure.
>
> --
> Gruesse/greetings,
> Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

I'm surprised that there are so many packages that depend on binaries of
emacs-snapshot, but after checking some samples I believe them to be all
or'ed with emacs?
Out of curiosity, how exactly is your workflow?
From https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+archive seems like Romain is doing
the Debian packaging and Reinhard pushes them to the archive?
In any case, the request looks reasonable to me, +1.

Cesare