Freeze exception for 'fai'

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 09:53:18 BST 2008

Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com> writes:

> Standing freeze exceptions:
> To request a standing freeze exception, an email should be sent to the Ubuntu
> MOTU mailing list for discussions. It is granted, once three members of motu-
> release have given their ACK.
>

> Per-Package delegations:
> In case of need, persons requesting per-package delegations should sent a mail
> the MOTU mailing list with the request, so that it can be discussed
> there.

I'd like to request a freeze exception for the 'fai' and
'live-initramfs' package.

The reason is that I didn't merge fai from debian yet. It does not
really make sense testing fai before ubuntu development has reached a
freeze state, since we are talking about an installer. We need a
somewhat installable system in order to properly test and use fai.

The exception request includes 'live-initramfs'. It is only used by
'live-helper' and 'fai' for enabling systems to boot from an read-only
medium, such as an CDROM or ro NFSROOT. it has been developed as fork
from our 'casper' package.

I propose Stephan Hermann and myself as Per-Package delegation for this
set of packages with the purpose of having 'fai' in a useable state for
intrepid release.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4