Gem installation in Ubuntu/Debian (Was: motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state)

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 2 10:43:52 BST 2008

Mathias,

the issue has been discussed at length within motu-release, and we unanimously
decided to revert your upload.
During our discussion we have covered all possible issues we were aware of at
the time, including those you raise in your appeal.
Our decision was made considering the technical validity of your upload, our
relationship with upstream and its appropriateness when there was not yet a
clear consensus amongst all involved parties.
All members of motu-release (TheMuso excluded as currently on holidays) agree
that your appeal doesn't bring any new element in favour of reinstating the
upload.
We all recognise that the actual state of affairs is not ideal for ruby/gems
users, therefore we urge all involved parties to work *together* to find a
common solution for intrepid+1.
It seems to us that few new ideas and some good discussions are already taking
place so we are confident that we will solve this issue by then.

motu-release