Minutes of motu-release meeting, Friday 29th August, 11.00 UTC.

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 1 22:42:39 BST 2008

Hi,

On Monday 01 September 2008 23:33:40 Stefan Potyra wrote:
[..]

> - Kubuntu: Jonathan Ridell (Ridell)
> - Mythbuntu: Mario Limonciello (superm1)
> - Xubuntu: Code Sommerville (code-sommerville)
ahem, mea culpa, Cody, for getting your name/nick wrong.

> - Mozilla Team: Alexander Sack (asac)
> - Ubuntu Studio: _MMA_
> - Ubuntu Destkop: Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
> - Ubuntu Mobile: Oliver Gravert (ogra)
> - Ubuntu MID: Loic Minier (lool)
> - Ubuntu Server: Scott Kitterman (ScottK)

Finally, I'm not 100% sure who already agreed to accept the delegation during
the meeting. If you're on the list and haven't been asked during the meeting,
please state if you accept the delegation, or if not, please make a suggestion
for a replacement. Thanks.

[..]

> At around 12.00 UTC, Cesare, Stefan and Luca had to leave, so that quorum
> was no longer guaranteed. The following points where discussed afterwards:

[..]

> Diffstat requirements:
> Scott raised the point, to get rid of the requirement to add a diffstat.

Well, it's partly usuable, to get a quick overview of the amount of changes.
However most of the times during hardy, I didn't find the diffstat to be
particular useful, so I don't object to dropping the requirement.

> Bugfix only releases:
> Another point Scott raised, was wether bugfix only releases would need
> freeze exceptions as well.

Imho we shouldn't need exceptions for bugfix only releases, but it would be
nice have it documented (be it either in debian/changelog or via a bug or
both).

Cheers,
   Stefan.