motu-sru needs you

Nicolas Valcárcel nvalcarcel at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 3 01:29:19 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 01:42 +0200, Stefan Potyra wrote:
> speaking of it, I'm interested where you'd draw the border between
> what should
> go into -security and -updates.

For -security i will said updates that close CVE's, specially if that
involves medium to critical security fixes, the rest to updates

> Also, I'd be interested about a personal nitpick: The ghc6 package as
> in
> intrepid right now, hasn't seen a new upstream version since hardy,
> but was
> updated with a number of fixes since then, a few irrelevant to hardy
> (e.g.
> adding a script that produces some output during the time-taking
> build, so
> that slow buildds won't fail due to timeout), but some which fix imho
> important bugs. How would you react if I'd request the current version
> in
> intrepid to go into hardy-updates?

I would suggest to use -backports instead of -updates, since it will be
the same package as the one in the devel release, so that would be my
suggestion.

--
aka nxvl
Key fingerprint = BCE4 27A0 D03E 55DE DA2D  BE06 891D 8DEE 6545 97FE