Re: MOTU Application for Stéphane Graber (stgraber)

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 23 21:57:36 GMT 2008

Stéphane Graber wrote:
> But here's the problem, after asking the TB to get limited upload rights
> to main for LTSP (ltsp/ldm/ltspfs) and iTalc, it turned out that they'd
> like me to become a MOTU first, then re-apply for main upload rights.
>
> So well, becoming a MOTU too can only help as universe upload right can
> still be helpful, mainly for bug fixing in my case (I'm mainly a QA guy :)).

    I'm impressed with Stéphane's work, including extremely close
collaboration with upstream and Debian.  Sponsor comments are
excellent.  I'm of mixed opinion on MOTU-style work, although the
plans to work with the Edubuntu team to get things working again are
excellent.  +1 from me, given the situation outlined above, as further
delay to getting Stéphane better access to the LTSP packages would be
unfortunate for Ubuntu.

--
Emmet HIKORY