Developer News

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk
Fri Nov 21 13:45:54 GMT 2008

James Westby wrote:

> There has been concern addressed about keeping up with Ubuntu
> development without following every mailing list, being on
> IRC 24 hours a day, and reading -changes lists. In an effort
> to make that easier I would like to start something similar to
> Debian's Developer News.

I think that is an excellent idea!

> Proposal 1: collect items on the wiki page
> This proposal follows that of Debian's DeveloperNews.

> Proposal 2: Use the ubuntu-news-team mailing list

I would like to add a 3. proposal: a blog. A blog has many qualities
which are orthogonal to those of the wiki and mailing lists.

Incidentally, I did propose establishing a blog (for MOTUs) a while ago,
there was 0 (zero) response on that proposal, so I dropped it. But in
case you missed it, look here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-August/004441.html

Cheers,
Morten