The Mono 2.0 transition (and how to survive it)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at
Thu Nov 20 11:21:02 GMT 2008

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 01:02:55 +0000 Jo Shields <directhex at> wrote:
>== So I just make a Xubuntu1 package? ==
>Yes, but there are a few guidelines which will really help with the
>Ubuntu-Debian relationship:

Since we are early in the Jaunty cycle yet, would it be feasible (at least
where pkg-mono is Maintainer) for the needed changes to be provided to the
team via mail, svn, etc., uploaded to Debian Experimental, and then Ubuntu
does a sync from there?

This would minimize the Debian/Ubuntu diff, springload Debian for Squeeze,
and reduce risk of problems that come up when Ubuntu gets ahead of Debian
(such as orig.tar.gz with different md5sum that then has to be fake

Scott K