FFe conky needs someone to take over

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 29 12:03:53 GMT 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008 03:44:15 Stefan Potyra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently, we've got a (small) number of FFe's which look like they cannot
> be tackled by their original requestors, but nonetheless look interesting.
>
> Hence I'd like you to take a look at
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/conky/+bug/207724
>
> as this is one candidate, which might be worth including into hardy, or
> maybe not. Hints are appreciated, but what we really look for is for
> someone to take over the FFe to work on it.
>
> P.S.: there are more no my radar, expect updates soon.
>
> Cheers,
>     Stefan - with motu-release hat on.

Stefan,

up until few months ago conky was orphaned in Debian (for quite a while).
I did an update for Ubuntu and then Kapil Hari Paranjape took the package over
in Debian and did quite a good work on it. Since then we have cooperated
well, also with the help of Stefan Ebner, and I think it would be worth
keeping this cooperation in the future.
All this to say that I wouldn't want to update this package without involving
Debian and Kapil (who is in cc to this email).
I actually expect that Kapil is already working on an update.

If nobody else is volunteering I can prepare the FFe.

Cheers,
  Cesare - with a balding head