Debconf preseed on buildd for java 1.4 packages

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 07:30:07 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Emmit Hikory (persia) had asked me to send this mail long time back.
But I couldn't do so as I didn't have any access to gmail from office
and no internet connection at home.

I hope it is not too late to request a debconf preseed on buildd if it
fixes a FTBFS.
The packages that fails to build are batik and fop which is build
depends on batik. The current version in hardy has build dependency
j2sdk1.4. All other java sdk/runtimes are too new for batik. This will
get fixed when batik 1.7 is packaged since it compiles with sun java 5
sdk.

Following are the debconf keys that need to be preseeded. Please note
that java 1.4 has different debconf keys for runtime and sdk. Both
will need to be preseeded.
j2sdk1.4/license
j2re1.4/license

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.