[FeatureFreezeException] please review and upload my Jabref-2.3.1-1ubuntu1

Kai-Cheung Leung kcleung at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 2 01:44:15 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have come across with jabref-2.3.1

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/jabref

which was automatically pulled from debian since debian does not have
icedtea, it depends on sun-java, which is non-free and therefore jabref is
now in multiverse.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jabref/+bug/194509

I have fixed this problem by building jabref with icedtea-java7-jdk
(currently in Ubuntu Universe, but not in Debian).  Also I have already
uploaded the updated package to REVU

http://revu.tauware.de/

but they will not review my package now due to FeatureFreeze.

All I've changed is in the control file, I added icedtea-java7-jdk to the
build dependency and icedtea-java7-jre as an alternative dependency to
sun-java6.  Now this package builds and runs in my system.  Linda also
produced no complaints.

Will my package be eligible for FeatureFreezeException since I only fix
this small debian/control bug?  There is nothing dependent on jabref and
will not screw up other things.  All it changes is that it now agrees to
install in a purely free system without sun-java.

Also in the future, what is the proper way to make FeatureFreezeException
requests?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Kai-Cheung Leung