Announcing new MOTU-Launchpad liaison

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 12 15:42:15 BST 2008

"Jordan Mantha" <laserjock at ubuntu.com> writes:

> As most of you know, for a while I am stepping down from Ubuntu
> duties, one of which is the MOTU Liaison to Launchpad. I'm pleased to
> announce that Reinhard Tartler (siretart) has stepped up to fill my
> place effective immediately.

At this point I'd like to express a huge kudos to you for doing the job
until now. I think you have done a very good job so far, and I'll try to
keep up!

Having said this, let me like to summarise the main tasks of the LP
liason from my POV:

 - Keeping track for the launchpad bugs that are relevant for MOTU. The
   list is currently about 20 bugs. Triaging and keeping track of them
   is one task for the LP liason. In order to keep the Ubuntu Developers
   updated on what's going on in Launchpad, I plan to compile a report
   with a list of these bugs that haven opened and fixed sine the last
   release. And of course that report should highlight and comment the
   relevance of the newly introduces LP features to the MOTU community.

 - Being a point of contact for both teams: MOTUs and Launchpad devs. If
   you have a question, a concern or some cool idea, feel free to
   contact me at anytime, and I'll happily discuss the item with you and
   look for someone to forward or escalate your issues if necessary.

Having said this, I have to admit that working on these to points
together is a challenging task. So if you think you have some spare time
to help me with this job, please contact me privately!

If you need to reach me, I can be contacted fairly well via email or
jabber. See https://launchpad.net/~siretart for my contact details.

In any case, I'd like thank you all for your confidence in my and I'm
really looking forward to work with all of you!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4