New Japanese dictionary packages

Alexander Rundberg alexander.rundberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:13:13 BST 2008

Hello, I'm working on bringing some new Japanese dictionary packages to
Ubuntu's packaging. In the current repository we have (from what I can find)
edict, compdic, enamdict and kanjidic; all of which are almost one year old.

The package names are simply edict (edict + compdic), kanjidic (kanjidic) and
enamdict (enamdict).

As a learner of Japanese I'd be willing to, with some help (as I'm new to
packaging) extend this list to include some more dictionary files. Since they
are all part of the edict project
(http://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/00INDEX.html) I'd suggest renaming them
as following though: edict-edict, edict-compdic, edict-kanjidic,
edict-classical, edict-enamdict, edict-lsd and so on.

Would this be okay to do? I think it'd improve usability for a couple of
japanese language learners.

Thank you,
Alexander Rundberg