Naming problem for the "Falcon Programming Language" in Ubuntu.

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Mon Jan 14 16:17:49 GMT 2008

On Mo, 2008-01-14 at 14:39 +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 10:15:41PM +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> > I don't have a strong opinion about which is the right falcon, but
> > such a Conflicts: would be wrong.  Section 10.1 of the Debian Policy
> > Manual (1) clearly states, in part:
>
> I think this process makes sense.
>
> IMO, the programming language should allowed to be /usr/bin/falcon.
> Changing the name of the interpreter will mean that any program that is
> supposed to be interpreted by falcon will need to be patched. OTOH,
> renaming the binary in Dennis' repository management thing has very
> limited consequences.

Well, as I understand this falcon language is not even uploaded to the
archive, so there can't be any other package which is depending on
#!/usr/bin/falcon, or did I miss something?

Emmets statement about the way of doing this, is imho the right way, and
it comes to the same result to what I said earlier.

Regards,

\sh

--
SysAdmin, OSS Developer