Problems with Cernlib-2006

Kevin B. McCarty kmccarty at debian.org
Wed Dec 10 03:42:40 GMT 2008

Angelo,

There was a patch regarding printing that went into Cernlib 2006 that
fixed postscript output problems observed by someone else.  Probably
this is related.  You can take a look at the history of the earlier
bug report at http://bugs.debian.org/329207 .

The patch as suggested by Frank Dohrmann exists in the version of
Cernlib 2005 in Debian "Etch", but upstream changed it slightly before
incorporating it into Cernlib 2006 (now in Debian Lenny and Sid, and
in Ubuntu Gutsy and more recent).  I've attached a file "test-etch.ps"
created with your PAW macro on my machine running Etch.  If you use
the attached file as input to GV or GSview, does it exhibit the
problem, or not?

- Kevin

--
Kevin B. McCarty <kmccarty at gmail.com>