Problems with Cernlib-2006

Angelo Graziosi Angelo.Graziosi at roma1.infn.it
Mon Dec 8 23:25:43 GMT 2008

I do not know if you are still interested to these things but it seems that
there is some problems with Cernlib-2006.

I have a fortran program (GEANT simulation) which outputs figures (one per
page) in a PS file. I can see the PS file with GV or GSView but if I extract a
page from it to another PS file, the page are wrong, only a wrong part of the
figure is visible and GV or GSView do not emit any message.

The same happens with PAW. I have attached a simple test case to reproduce the
thing.

The PAW macro, test.kumac, produces a PS file with four pages (test.ps). If one
extracts, for example the page 3 (with GV, mark page 3 and 'Save Marked'
produces test.ps_pages) then reading it with GV (or GSView) shows that it is
wrong, but without error messages.

I have found these problems both on GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy with the
CERNLIB of this distribution (are you the maintainer?), both on Cygwin with my
build of Cernlib.

If I use GSView on Windows, the same things happen.

Restoring Cernlib-2005 (Vogt, CERN binaries, my build etc., on linux or
Cygwin...) fixes the problems!

So it looks as a BUG of Cernlib-2006.

Cheers,
     Angelo.