motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state.

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 29 23:12:01 BST 2008

Hi,

and just a personal note from me:
One of the problems with the upload was obviously the rush before
FeatureFreeze.
Please don't rush towards any freeze, having a hard point after which
"everything is too late" seems not like a good thing to me. That's why we had
a gradual freeze policy for hardy, and will do so again for intrepid.
And in case the gradual freeze policy doesn't address this problem, I'm happy
to hear any ideas to alleviate this issue. If this upload was the result of a
policy problem in the first place the policy should get fixed imho.

Also I'd like to state that I am convinced that all changes were done on good
will, in order to make Ubuntu better. I'd like to encourage you who were
involved with the upload in the first place, to also look for problems, why
this could happen at all. If there are underlying problems in the system (be
it freeze or sponsorship or s.th. else), please shout now, ideally with your
idea how these could be resolved.

Cheers,
   Stefan.