Patch systems in packages

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 19 20:12:35 BST 2008

"Jordan Mantha" <laserjock at ubuntu.com> writes:

> Also i will suggest to the revu reviewers to ask the
>> packagers to add a patch system on their packages.
>>        What did you think about it? Any comments?
>>

> I think our job as downstreams is to provide patches to Debian, not
> tell them how to maintain their packages.

Excatly.

Please note that adding a patch system to a package that previously
didn't adds additional noise in the debdiff. So please, don't.

(well, perhaps debdiff could be taught somehow to handle patch systems
more sensibly, which would alleviate the issue here)

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4