Caucho Resin

Sikon inetperson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:52:40 BST 2008

Packages that include binaries are not allowed, even in the multiverse
repository (which includes things like flashplugin-nonfree that you
mentioned).

Instead of distributing the actual binaries in the deb file, such
packages download the binaries from the upstream website. This is a
standard practice. What you can do is set up, say, a tar.gz file on
your web server for the installer script to find, download and
extract.

However, I don't know about the others, but I'd prefer the GPL version
to be packaged first. Ubuntu is, after all, first and foremost about
free software. We use Resin in our company, and I use Ubuntu at my
workstation, so I'm interested in helping to package Resin for Ubuntu.