Packaging question with regards to debian/changelog

Daniel Miles themono at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:44:58 BST 2007

Hi - I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I'm working on a PPA archive on launchpad for the smplayer media player. I
would like to support multiple distributions of Ubuntu (at the moment, dapper
and feisty, adding gutsy after release). The debian packaging guide says that
the correct way to do this is to have the changelog in this form, where
multiple distributions are separated with a space:

smplayer (0.5.56~PPA1) dapper feisty gutsy; urgency=low

However, the ubuntu build system rejects this as it cannot build for
distribution 'dapper feisty gutsy'. Is there a way to achieve this without
uploading a different package for each distribution?

Thanks,

- Daniel