patches to wesnoth, or rather general issue with substvar handling

Siegfried-Angel siggi.gevatter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:20:12 BST 2007

2007/10/24, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda at debian.at>:
> And do you know about that from my part having to go look there
> for every single package every once in a while to see if there is
> something new is a quite broken approach

Long term in my opinion this looks indeed broken to me, but not the
fact that you have to check if there are patches, but that Debian's
systems don't make this easier. Perhaps it would be good if they would
send a message to the maintainer when there's a new patch, or have a
"general overview" page where, amongst other information, all patches
are displayed.

Well, just my 5 cent, but I understand that this isn't that easy to
change, so in fact at the moment informing the maintainer like you ask
for is probably the best option.

Linux User #438657. Ubuntu User #11680.