Atmosphere in the MOTU team

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Oct 23 12:00:19 BST 2007

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2007 11:39 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
[..]

> But let's step back from this very mail. In the last weeks I've
> witnessed various discussions in #ubuntu-motu and others places, that
> had a similar tone.
>
> It saddens me to see that kind of atmosphere and not a productive,
> cheerful one. What we need is a friendly culture that gives new people
> who join in for the first time the feeling of "these guys get things
> done, I'm going to have fun joining this team". This does not mean
> silencing or keeping things quiet at all.
[..]

I believe that the atmosphere is the result of deeper rooted problems in and
around the MOTU team. Actually I've been thinking about this for a while, but
I must admit that I've still only some kind of wishy washy picture of what
the real problems are.

Maybe we could set up a session at UDS to talk about what's going on in a
direct manner, so that we can get a clearer picture?

Cheers,
    Stefan.