StableReleaseUpdates: gnumed-client (0.2.6.3-1ubuntu0.1) available for testing

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Oct 23 04:20:53 BST 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 15:39, Michael Bienia wrote:
> An updated version of gnumed-client is available in gutsy-proposed for
> testing.
> To test it, please add the following line to your sources.list:
>
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ gutsy-proposed universe
>
> Please provide feedback to https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/154136.
>
> I got contacted by an upstream developer about the problem, I try to get
> instructions from him, how to test if it works now.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

I'm sending this IRC snippet (my question on #ubuntu-motu) was after reading
the above mail?

[15:49] <ScottK> geser: Please tell me you didn't upload a fix to
gutsy-proposed that you haven't verified works (that's what I get from your
mail to the MOTU list)?
[15:50] <geser> ScottK: I didn't check the package myself
[15:50] <ScottK> geser: Did you upload it?
[15:50] <geser> yes
[15:50] <geser> ScottK: that patch comes from upstream
[15:51] * ScottK sort of thought testing before uploading would have been a
good idea?

I'd like a clarification of policy here (I've thought I knew for sure the
right answer and been wrong before).  I thought SRUs were supposed to be
tested before uploading to *-proposed.  Is that wrong?

Scott K