cpufrequtils + i8kctl (+ gkrellm?) = cpu temp based throttling?

Sai Emrys sai at saizai.com
Sun Oct 21 02:39:02 BST 2007

On 10/20/07, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> My point was that it works better for me with acpi=off.  It might for you
> too.

Understood, but I'm just confused about *what* exactly works better.
As far as I can tell, for everything that gkrellm tries to do, it
succeeds.

AFAICT the bug pages you listed are about the fan not running at all -
my fan does work. It's pathetic and it's a POS and poorly designed and
everything still overheats... but strictly in terms of whether the
blades are turning, it works. So I don't think I'm having the same
issue you were, unless I'm misunderstanding the applicability of the
bug or what improved when you did acpi=off.

- Sai