Backports testing (was - Re: non-MOTU Hopeful contributions (was:: GetDeb Project (Why I participate)))

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Oct 19 04:45:34 BST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007 22:40, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     For the latter, extended promotion of teams and bug tags may be
> valueable.  I'm not deeply familar with backport and update
> procedures, but I suspect that the backport testers team bug list (2)
> is likely a good list of backports that need testing...
> 2: https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-backports-testers/

Depending on which release you are running, you can look at it this way too:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/feisty-backports/+bugs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/edgy-backports/+bugs
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dapper-backports/+bugs

The standards for backports testing is a fairly simple builds, installs, runs.
If packages have a lot of reverse depencies then more complex testing may be
required.

More information here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports

Building and testing backports is not a bad way to get started if one is
interested in becoming invovled in Ubuntu development.  It gets you started
dealing with some of the basic tools and actions a MOTU needs to know.

More testers always wanted.

Scott K