Unable to upload new ia32-libs package to REVU

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 7 20:18:56 BST 2007

Hi Scott,

Am Sonntag 07 Oktober 2007 10:22:20 schrieb Scott Ritchie:
> The current ia32-libs package needs a refresh, and its missing the
> libssl0.9.8 package.
>
> I tried fixing these issues myself, however I've been unable to upload
> the package to REVU - it's 300 megabytes, and the connection will just
> fail after a while.  It's likely my ISP.
[..]

> How can I get the package up and committed?

easiest way for me: If you can put the package somewhere else, I can inject it
into REVU.

Uploading via dput to REVU is basically the same as uploading the files of a
source package via anonymous ftp with the changes file last. However for
current REVU, all files in the incoming directory are moved to a local
directory every 10 minutes. Hence resuming won't work if the files have
already been moved, but I could rewrite that very script to skip
subdirectories in the ftp incoming directory. Then you create a subdirectory,
put the files there and resume the ftp-upload if your connection gets reset.

IIRC ia32-libs is fetching the needed libraries via a script. So if you can
provide me that script and the instructions how to build the source package
from it, I can also run this on spooky and inject the resulting package as
your upload into REVU.

If you can think of another/better suited idea for this, I'm sure that can be
done as well.

Cheers,
   Stefan.